Below are a few sample interview questions to help you get to know your potential Guest.
Did you connect with a nice Guest on
During the interview, do not be shy about stating what you want and discussing the topics that are most important to you. Remember, upfront communication is key to a successful homeshare!
- What interested you in joining the
- How did you hear about
- Have you lived with a housemate before? What did you like or dislike about that experience? Why are you leaving your current place?
- What do you do for a living?
- What are you looking for in a roommate?
- What’s your typical schedule?
- Are you a morning person or a night person? What time do you generally wake up and go to bed?
- What do you like to do on nights and weekends?
- How often do you clean? Ask them which chores they like and which ones they loathe. Share your habits and preferences.
- Do you have any allergies/illnesses to be aware of?
- Do you drink alcohol? If so, how much?
- Are you a smoker?
- What are your pet peeves?
- Is there anything else I should know?
- Do you have any questions about me or the home?
At the end of the first meeting, let them know how and when you will follow up with them.
Important Note about Fair Housing: You have the right to choose who you will live with in your home. However, please note that because of Fair Housing legislation, you should not ask potential housemates questions about race, religion, place of birth, marital status or if they have children.